Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We have been living in such glorious weather for so long now that I had forgotten about the 'rainy season'. We have had 2 days and nights of non-stop heavy rain, and it looks like it will rain for the next few weeks, maybe months.......oh dear, even worse than the English summer.
As if all of the wet clothes hanging around and the leaks in the house were not enough to make me miserable, I have just had a RIDICULOUSLY BAD Portuguese lesson. As part of our learning we use an on-line teaching which also uses voice recognition. if when we repeat the phrase we don't get the accent or emphasis correct, it won't let us move on. I must have repeated 1 phrase 20 times, getting no more than 2 words right, at this point Dave came and rescued me. Why is another language SO hard?
Thankfully not every day is like today, Oh well I guess I will try again tomorrow.....

No comments: