Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today I (Dave) spent the morning attempting to buy a car. Every Sunday morning there is a huge car sale at the large city stadium. How it works is that if you have a car to sell you take it there and if you want to buy a used car which is privately owned then that is the place to go. The cars are all parked in the stadium car park and you just go up to one and start making enquiries. Some have the price on and some do not. Some look beautiful, as if new, and some don't.
My task today was to return with one....I failed! What I discovered is that looking at over 2000 cars takes a long time. Finding a bargain also is quite a challenge...in fact I do not believe there is such a thing as a bargain here when it comes to cars. They were either too expensive or too rubbish. So, I have about one week to find a car before the boys return to school. May God send me one!
I already have my Brasilian permit to drive. All we need now is a car.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Well, God has listened to you a blessed you with car stuff before! Even saving you from a parking fine! So I am sure he will do so again!

The Brazilnuts said...

Indeed it is true...
...tomorrow I'm going to look at one after being phoned up by someone selling one within our price range. It came to us! It is also a car I have seen before but was not there when I returned to make enquiries and I know it is a nice one. Praise the LORD.