Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today, I (Beckie) had to do my group alone, as my co-leader is ill. It was actually a really good experience, and it helped me to realize that my Portuguese continues to improve. It´s good that the children are quite well settled into the routine, but it really hi-lighted the need for working with anger management (in the children). We had a few incidents occur, and I had to be very firm, but on the whole it was a really good experience. Tomorrow a volunteer is going to share about living in Canada, and do an interactive role play type thing. It will be a test to see if my translation ability is up to it. A lot of people in the favela are very unaware of the rest of the world, so it should be good for their knowledge and understanding of the world.

1 comment:

Roger and Mary said...

You needed some encouragement and so glad to read it came on this occasion! Love Mary