Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
Recently, I (Beckie), have been thinking about some of the things I really like in the UK, and some of the things I'm looking forward to in Brazil....
Things I am enjoying in UK

  • spending time with special people, and catching up again.
  • having deep conversations with good friends
  • a selection of English books to read
  • snuggling under a thick duvet
  • putting my card into a cash machine and KNOW that it will give me money
  • a cup of tea in bed
  • puddings
  • the beauty of snow
  • understanding everything I hear
  • baths
  • soft, fuzzy scarfs
  • a walk at the beach
  • babysitting being readily available
  • driving on easy roads
Things I am looking forward to back in Brazil
  • sunshine
  • warm, friendly people
  • an enthusiastic, lively, loving puppy
  • Brazilian bananas
  • singing in Portuguese
  • praying in small groups everyday
  • floaty dresses

These are just a few of the things that I love, whether I be in England or Brazil. How easy it is to takes things, people or experiences for granted.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Hello -

I hope you and your family are enjoying your time back in England.

I found your blog through my regular feed of Google Alerts for Minas Gerais. I am a Boston native whose been living in BH for 3 years. Recently, we started a group called Minas International. This is non-profit organization with the objective of bringing together fluent English speakers - both Expats and Brasilians - for networking, socialzing and community development. I founded MI because I wanted to meet English speakers and, moreover, I wanted to find a way to do more organized community development. While I speak Portuguese it is still nice to sit for a fluent conversation in English now and again.

We expect to start having regular get togethers in BH beginning in February. We are also working on getting the website up and running. For now, we have a presence on both Twitter and Facebook.

When you return back to BH I hope we'll have a chance to meet. In the interim please "follow" and "fan" Minas International on Twitter and Facebook. Links below. I publish daily the news I can find about BH, MG and Brasil that is in English.

@minasintl - www.tweeter.com/minasintl
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minas-International/169459997291?ref=nf

Sincerely,

Maxine

email: maxinetmcclellan@orbifish.com
Skype: mcclelm
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maxinemcclellan - @maxinemcclellan
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/maxinetmcclellan
Celular: +55.31.8371.3805
Office: +55.31.3231.7068