Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's been planned for ages. More than 15 months in fact, when Josiah first said he would like English qualifications we had to think about how that could happen.

However, now it's no longer a 'plan', it's real, Josiah is on a plane (I hope) on his own, heading to England for 3 months. I feel like part of my heart has left. He's very mature and able to take care of himself, but I want to be there for him. Maybe he doesn't need me, but I am used to being available if he does, not so easy in 2 different continents. Do parents ever feel ready for their children to leave?

2 comments:

mum & dad said...

Oh no it's never easy even when they are grown up, and have families, it's worse as part of you has gone... I will look after him darling I promise, this is a good mothers day for me. Will speak later now leaving for the airport, will let you know when I have spoken to him. All my love xxxxx

Roger and Mary said...

Sooooo hard to say goodbye to your precious son. I remember vividly how I felt when Jen went to Peru for 6 months. June is loving having Josiah, tho'. Skyping is a tiny bit of a consolation.

Love and prayers

R and M