Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dangers of dog TV but God is powerful....

In Brazil there are many chicken rotisserie machines, particularly on a Sunday, they jokingly call these machines 'dog TV', as all of the street dogs hang around them drooling.One Sunday recently we decided to buy a ready roasted chicken from our local bakery, when I went to put my name down I saw that the lady who owns this bakery had burnt her arm, very badly, on the chicken rotiserrie. The skin was literally hanging off. I went home and couldn't stop thinking about her, so when I returned to buy the chicken I offered to pray for her. She accepted gratefully and we prayed at the cash desk of the bakery, me standing one side and her the other, with tears pouring down her cheeks.

Today, when someone bought some bread she asked them to tell me that she has new skin on her arm, soft like a babies, she was praising God. God is good!!!!

1 comment:

Roger and Mary said...

Highly amused at description of 'Dog TV' and so thankful that God is at work in such a powerful way.... and you're part of it!

Love, Roger and Mary