Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just wanted to share how God is in control (of course, we never forget that do we?) and how He doesn't always resolve things how we expect Him to. As I have already written, the situation with the house finances has been difficult. Expenses are very high and it has seemed impossible to be able to cover them. Each month I have been thinking that it will be the last that we can pay the bills. I have wanted to have faith and trust it totally in God's hands, knowing this is His work. I have been able to do this to an extent, but still found myself wondering how we would get through this year.

I also had 2 situations with the money that were annoying me. The first was a wrong payment that we made in January, meaning that we had overpaid our water bill by about £275. Every time we had contacted them they made excuses and said we would recieve the discount sometime in the next few months. We almost forgot about this money and then decided to phone again, this time we were told they could only do something if we visited in person - which we did. The second thing was a delayed payment, we were expecting to recieve it in July, they had deposited the money, but as we didn't have it. We contacted many people to try to find out where the money was (sometimes a bit tricky with money that comes from one country to another). This remained an annoying mystery for a few months.

This last month has been even more difficult financially, yet I've managed not to worry. I had a collection of bills to pay and wondered how it would happen. I was also awaiting the dreaded water bill, whenever this comes we know that it will clear us out. However, the payment finally came through and the water bill with the discount only cost £24 (normally it can be up to £1000). How amazing is our God? It felt like He held onto this money until we really needed it. Why do I feel the need to try to work out how He will do it? It is good for me to learn this lesson. He IS faithful.

No comments: