Thursday, July 17, 2008

We have had a bit of a change of routine this week. We began with a weekend break at 'Rainbow farm'. It was for all of the workers at Luzeiro and we had a fantastic time, climbing, bonfires, cycling, football and horseriding. It was really good for us to bond more with the team, and the boys particularly liked all of the open space. Then we had some days off (to prepare for very busy times ahead). This time we used to continue making our home more personal and practical (recycling a dogs house into a piece of furniture), it still isn't a palace, but we really like it.
The hardest thing is definitely the language. It makes me feel so incompetent. At the moment, the more I learn, the more I realise I don't know. One day this week Josiah and I went into the centre, I was really thrilled that I managed to ask questions and understand the answers, I even gave a man directions. Then today when I went to the dentists, it was really difficult for me to understand him, but it was made much worse when I went to a huge building to book an appointment and the lady on the desk sent me to the wrong floor. I was so confused , I had to stop myself from crying. Not speaking the language well is incredibly frustrating!!!!!!!!
So now we prepare for a 'GO team' coming from Holland. We are going to be doing a holiday club type thing called 'the olympics' and lots of practical maintenance work.

No comments: