Thursday, February 12, 2009

I (Beckie) have been preparing for my group this week, it was really good to discover that some of the really needy children that were worked with last year will be coming again. It has been great to have complete freedom in how we (Laura and I) want to plan our week (unlike the 'national curriculum'). Although we do aim to cover 5 key areas of development (physical, social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual). I am looking forward to it, and am nervous, has my Portuguese improved enough to do all that I want to do?
Dave has also had some great planning meetings about his new work. He is excited about working further up into the favela, and has been learning more about some of the dangers of the place (murders every day), yet, this has excited him all the more.

No comments: