Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This week we are doing training, to better equip us and fire us up for the coming year for our work with this favela. However, bigger to us than any of this is the fact that our children are going to school. Particularly, that Josiah is going to a Brazilian school, something he really doesn't want to do. I keep thinking each step will get easier, yet it doesn't. I feel like I am laying my child on the altar, and having to walk away, not really sure how God will deal with this.
Josiah has had his first proper day, he said it was worse than he imagined (and he thought he would hate it). Somehow, we all have to keep going with this, and trust that God will help in it all. We love our children dearly, we want to love our Lord more. We sing so many songs in England about willingly surrendering, I guess I didn't expect it to hurt so much.
Thankfully, we have many encouraging people here, to stand alongside us. We also have MANY lovely people back home praying for us. All I can do is rely on God's grace for he has promised that it is sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12.9), I must not be discouraged for God is with me (Joshua 1.9)

2 comments:

mum & dad said...

Just let JJ know we are thinking lots of him, and I know he will really enjoy it, We will speak to him later, give him a big hug.
Love Mum xxxx

Roger and Mary said...

We made Josiah a special focus of our prayer at the DBC p.m. on 1st Feb. and we will of course keep praying as you are all facing constant challenges and changes.

Love, R and M