Monday, June 1, 2009

I thought I would tell you a little about Brazilian culture. It is very important for the women to look nice, nails and hair are especially important. Many women spend hours straightening their hair, then make sure that they avoid rain.
Today, my group had a swimming lesson, I was surprised when one girl brought a note from home saying that she could not swim, I was even more surprised when I discovered the reason....her hair had been blow dried, and it musn´t get wet. I thought it was such a funny reason to miss a swimming lesson.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Hello all!
Thought I should catch up on your fAB blog, so exciting to see all that the Lord is doing. Your children look a lovely bunch Beckie - wish I could pop over for a session with you!
We're getting ready for holiday club again - so all fun and games this end, we have a great team again this year and are blessed with several male team this year.
Miss you all loads, but looking forward to seeing when you come to the UK.
God bless you all richly,
Maryanne xxxxx