Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We are currently having our "Olympic games" here at the lighthouse. It´s a kind of holiday club for the children of this slum, with a big focus on sports and competition. This year we have 5 teams, and I (Beckie) and Gideon are in the England team. Sadly, guys, it seems like we´re going to lose..... my team has really been struggling against some of the others, today though, no-one wanted to give up. They also managed to encourage one another a little, so today was much better. I´ve promised them all some English chocolate for tomorrow, so I´m hoping to see greater motivation. I was really impressed with some of the little ones (from my normal group) who showed great determination, even Vitória (8yrs) who had to join the older team for football against some 14yr old boys. She really showed courage, I was proud!!

No comments: