Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I (Beckie) just wanted to post some of the things I was thinking about and challenged by, when our laptops were stolen.
At first, it was very weird to think that someone had entered our house during the night and I heard nothing (I am now glad that I heard nothing), in not very much time I didn´t worry about someone having been in the house as I realised that his sole intention was to grab something he could use to pay off a debt. It wasn´t to case up the house or to harm us in any way, purely a desperate act.
We also always have worship with the team on Friday mornings, it was great to readjust my focus back onto God and not to worry. However, some of the songs have so much more meaning during these times, e.g "Blessed be your name" (praising God in the good and bad) and "All that I have is yours".
There were a few times when I was quite annoyed by the inconvenience, and one of the things that really bothered me was that he had taken both of the laptops, including the broken one (which maybe we could have used for a few things in an emergency).
God really brought my attention to the verse that speaks about when someone wants to take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. Wow! Jesus says some hard stuff. It was hard enough to be gracious about the loss of one, let alone both. I am thankful to have them back, but I certainly want to learn a lesson about not valuing things too highly, and really taking seriously what Jesus says.

1 comment:

Roger and Mary said...

Thanks for sharing this, Beckie. A very unhappy experience, but God is obviously using it positively.

We do need to be challenged about the grip of materialsim on our lives.


Love to all R and M