Saturday, April 24, 2010

Do you sometimes find the contrasts in this world hard to get your head around? Many times I (Beckie) see it here. Yesterday, Dave and Maarten were painting the new sports cupboard, it was built with donations from a Dutch guy, who really wanted to facilitate the work we do, particularly with sports. What was so surreal was that this cupboard was slightly larger and much nicer than the house of the lady in the previous post (house burnt down). It's hard to see these 2 worlds right next to each other. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the many blessings we have. I am also very aware that this world isn't fair, what is my responsibility in this?

1 comment:

Roger and Mary said...

Can so identify with what you are thinking on this. I remember how I felt when people in our Embassy compound in Kathmandu searched through our throw-outs for things they could use.

We do pray the lady and child will recover from the shock of the fire and be blessed by your love and care for her.

Love R and M.