Sunday, May 4, 2008

It is Sunday today and this morning we did the Sunday school thing for about 70-80 children and we will be doing something similar this evening for the children too, although that is yet to be planned!
Last night we went to the youth service and I (David) was called at 6pm just before the service and was asked if I could play bass with them. I knew 1 song and did not have time to learn any of the other 4. Also, the sound was soo loud that I could not hear what the other musicians were playing apart from the drums so I had to guess. It was very difficult for me. After the service we came back to the mission base (a wooden house with some surrounding land) with about 30 other young people aged 16-30. I was then asked to bring a 'Word' from the Bible, there and then, to encourage them...again, being put on the spot but God is faithful and, actually, I found it easy. The Holy Spirit was bringing scriptures to mind as I was talking. It was really cool. Having a translator also helped because it gave me time to put together the words that were in my head.
Before coming on outeach to Amambai, God asked me a question. It was "Are you ready?" And I didn't know what that really meant...even now I am discovering more about what it means to be ready....that it is not about being physically prepared but about having a heart that is ready for whatever God allows to come accross our path. I do not know what tomorrow will bring, but if I am close enough to my loving Heavenly Father then I need not fear because I can do 'all things through Christ' for he gives me the strength to do just that. Gideon and Josiah are learning that too as they are often faced with situations that they do not like here because they do not understand what is going on or because it is boring or both but they still maintain a continual trust in God and for me as their father it is very encouraging to see.

1 comment:

Roger and Mary said...

Thanks for this inspiring word. Being pushed out of comfort zones is not comfortable (!) but SO great when God steps in with all that enabling stuff.

Love to all Roger and Mary