Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Wednesday (19th Nov) I, Dave, gave my first Bible study to my group of 12-14 yr boys in portuguese. Sounds good, doesn't it! However, it went really badly with them not understanding what I was trying to say, me getting confused with words and ended up with a fellow group leader bailing me out with rough translation. All in all it was not enjoyable but looking back was a good experience. I think it will be a while before I attempt it again but I will have another go.

Last night there was a gun battle just up the hill from us but it has not affected us here on the JOCUM base.

For me, it is strange getting reports from friends and family about snow in England and here we are in Brazil feeling rather warm with the days getting longer. It does not 'feel' like November to me and thinking about Christmas seems almost alien at the moment. It is weird how we get used to the hype leading up to Christmas along with the seasonal changes which makes us feel a certain way. I do not know what it will be like for us this year so far away from family and friends but I do know it will not feel the same.

No comments: